[scponly] Cannot Complie scponly-4.8 on Solaris 9 with 64-bit SPARC 9]

Kaleb Pederson kaleb.pederson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 00:04:27 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 15 April 2008, jworm wrote:
> #sudo make
> I have download getopt-1.1.4 and copy getopt.c getopt.h getopt1.c to the
> directory that I make the files.
> The previous seems to be solved, but the new error is prompted as
> following:
> getopt_long                         helper.o
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to scponly
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

If you can do a formal install of getopt, it will probably work.  I don't know
if getopt uses a shared or static library on Solaris, but unless the getopt
object file gets linked in, you'll continue to have the above problem.

You could compile it yourself just for scponly, but that will require a bit of
manual work.

--Kaleb