[scponly] Cannot Complie scponly-4.8 on Solaris 9 with 64-bit SPARC 9]

jworm jwormhk at yahoo.com.hk
Tue Apr 15 23:41:20 EDT 2008

Kaleb Pederson wrote:
> On 4/15/08, jworm <jwormhk at yahoo.com.hk> wrote:
>
>> I am using Solaris 9 with 64-bit SPARC 9 now. I configure scponly as
>> following:
>>
>> #./configure --enable-winscp-compat --enable-scp-compat

>> checking getopt.h usability... no
>> checking getopt.h presence... no
>> checking for getopt.h... no

>> checking for getopt... yes
>> checking whether optreset is declared... no
>> configure: creating ./config.status
>> config.status: creating Makefile
>> config.status: creating setup_chroot.sh
>> config.status: creating config.h
>>
>> and the following error is prompt when I try to make the files
>>
>> #sudo make
>> gcc -g -O2 -I. -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
>> -DDEBUGFILE='"/usr/local/etc/scponly/debuglevel"' -o
>> scponly.o -c scponly.c
>> In file included from scponly.c:19:
>> scponly.h:2:41: getopt.h: No such file or directory

>> Could someone help me? Thanks.
>>

> Well, apparently our configure checks are not smart enough.  Autoconf
> validates that getopt is present and fines that it is, but there isn't
> a usable getopt.h, which apparently we don't require in the configure
> script.
>
> I'll try to take a look in the near future to see if I can fix the
> checks, but autoconf isn't my strong point.  Are you interested in a
> quick fix?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --Kaleb

#sudo make
I have download getopt-1.1.4 and copy getopt.c getopt.h getopt1.c to the
directory that I make the files.
The previous seems to be solved, but the new error is prompted as following:

gcc -g -O2 -I. -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-DDEBUGFILE='"/usr/local/etc/scponly/debuglevel"' -o scponly.o -c scponly.c
gcc -g -O2 -I. -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-DDEBUGFILE='"/usr/local/etc/scponly/debuglevel"' -o helper.o -c helper.c
gcc -g -O2 -I. -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-DDEBUGFILE='"/usr/local/etc/scponly/debuglevel"' -o scponly scponly.o
helper.o
getopt_long                         helper.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to scponly
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [scponly] Error 1

Any idea? Thanks.

Andrew