[scponly] Environment variables

Ryan J Ollos ryno at apl.washington.edu
Wed May 23 03:48:59 EDT 2007

Hi Kaleb,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I have a Red Hat EL 4 system with openssh-3.9p1-8.  I would rather not alter
the built-in packages, so maybe the best solution is to build a specific
instance of openssh and have it listen on a different port.  I also don't
want the environmental variables to apply to every ssh session, and if I add
them to sshd_config, it seems like they would certainly apply to every ssh
session.  What do you think?

Also, could you clarify for me ... From what I have read, when using a
chroot jail, I will need the install location of scponlyc to be within the
chroot directory.  Is this correct?

- Ryan