[scponly] Anyone ever look at the darcs-compat patch?

Kaleb Pederson kibab at icehouse.net
Thu Jul 12 22:28:31 EDT 2007

Hi Dan,

I finally had a chance to look at your darcs-compat patch.  I can't accept it
because darcs provides a number of different ways that users can run
programs.

For example:

`darcs put --help` lists off:

--posthook=COMMAND   specify command to run after this darcs command.

A more comprehensive list is:

--diff-command=COMMAND
--external-merge=COMMAND
--posthook=COMMAND
--sendmail-command=COMMAND

To further complicate matters you can specify the command to run in the
configuration file.  For example:

_darcs/prefs/defaults:

apply posthook find . -user "$USER" -a ! -perm +g+w -exec chmod g+w '{}' ';'

Thus, even if we were able to process the command line arguments, there are
other ways that the user would be able to execute commands.

Thank you for your efforts.

--Kaleb