[scponly] Help me understand why the // syntax is useful ...

Kaleb Pederson kibab at icehouse.net
Wed Jan 31 23:33:34 EST 2007

It sounds like you have everything setup mostly correct.  Can you let us know
what you used for your configure options.  Also, could you post the debug
syslog output (see the FAQ if necessary for information on how to enable it).

One note:

scp file user at host:/

The above will try to copy it to the root (/) directory.  You probably want:

scp file user at host:

To go to the default location.

--Kaleb