[scponly] new patch: fix basename(3) segfault

Kaleb Pederson kibab at icehouse.net
Fri Nov 3 00:47:13 EST 2006

On Thursday 02 November 2006 6:52 am, Ensel Sharon wrote:
[snip]
> > If you have everything working, then we should definitely make the
> > necessary changes.
>
> No, I don't have everything working.  I'm glad you jogged my memory - I
> put in the code edits that Paul gave me, but the behavior did not change -
> even when I switched over to /home//incoming format.

I believe this issue is too complicated to try and patch without looking it it
personally.  I will take a look at it, although it might take me a bit to get
to it.

It would help if you could post some examples of how you use it (eg. command
line options, etc.) as I'm not familiar with unison at all.

> But, it would be nice if unison did actually work.  It seems very odd that
> scponly is advertised to work with both rsync and unison, and yet rsync
> support is totally unusable until (perhaps) now, and unison remains so.

It's innaccurate to say that both rsync and unison are unusable -- although it
is true that under certain configurations they may not be; we are working to
address this.

The way that I use rsync, rsync doesn't get invoked with "--server"
nor "--sender".

> I mean, honestly, how could you put rsync supprt into scponly, and not
> notice that --server could not be called (thus rendering rsync support
> totally useless) ?

Again, it all depends on how rsync needs to be used.  It works fine for my
needs.  I believe that it worked in prior versions but that more recent
changes broke it.

I'm sorry if your experiences with scponly have been troublesome.  We are
working to make the necessary fixes and improvements.

Thanks.

--Kaleb