[scponly] library issues with scponlyc and subversion

Kaleb Pederson kibab at icehouse.net
Fri Jun 9 00:56:40 EDT 2006

On Thursday 08 June 2006 9:21 pm, Ensel Sharon wrote:
> and it configued and made just fine.  the subversion commands and their
> supporting libraries (or at least, all but one) were copied into my chroot
> jail that I use with scponlyc.

Out of curiosity, how did you verify that all libraries, except that one, were
present?

> # ssh user at hostname svn
> Password:
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libaprutil-1.so.0" not found,
> required by "libsvn_subr-1.so.0"

Ok. I'm not really familiar with FreeBSD, but I'll assume it's similar to
Linux and that the following questions are relevant:

1) Did you run ldconfig to rebuild the ld library cache?
2) Can you chroot into /home and then execute svn? (you might have to
copy /bin/sh, but it's usually the best test)
3) What does 'ldconfig -v -r /home' give you?  If libaprutil-1.so.0 is
present, then there indeed shouldn't be any problems, assuming ldconfig was
run prior to the
4) What does ldd show you when run within the chroot?

> Uhhh...it's there ... and I know it works, since I can run svn just fine
> when logged in locally to that server ...

When you are chrooted?

--Kaleb