[scponly] library issues with scponlyc and subversion

Ensel Sharon user at dhp.com
Fri Jun 9 00:21:47 EDT 2006

(FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE)

So, I configured scponly with both subversion supports, after installing
subversion from the FreeBSD ports tree:

--enable-svn-compat --enable-svnserv-compat

and it configued and made just fine.  the subversion commands and their
supporting libraries (or at least, all but one) were copied into my chroot
jail that I use with scponlyc.

>From a remote host:

# ssh user at hostname svn
Password:
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libaprutil-1.so.0" not found,
required by "libsvn_subr-1.so.0"

Ok, no big deal -I'll just copy that one into place:

# cp /usr/local/lib/libaprutil-1.so.0 /home/usr/local/lib

... and try it again:

# ssh user at hostname svn
Password:
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libaprutil-1.so.0" not found,
required by "libsvn_subr-1.so.0"

Uhhh...it's there ... and I know it works, since I can run svn just fine
when logged in locally to that server ...

Anyone know why libaprutil-1.so.0 can't be found, even though it is there?

Thanks.