[scponly] What's needed to make sftp work?

Paul.Hyder at noaa.gov Paul.Hyder at noaa.gov
Fri Feb 17 15:58:19 EST 2006

Two users finding slightly different versions of an obscure
bug in the same week, sigh, somehow doesn't seem strange
anymore.  You have encountered a problem with the
--with-sftp-server configure flag when enabling scp/WinSCP.

Your problem indicates that you also used the configure
flag(s) for scp and/or WinSCP, that true?

None of the scponly code fixes I've found are particularly
easy or safe to do on the "fly".  (A release with a new
configure is the long term answer.)

Anyone else on the list have suggestions?
   Paul Hyder
   NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory, Global Systems Division
   Boulder, CO