[scponly] mysql

wby oblyr joe at sublimation.org
Mon Feb 6 02:52:20 EST 2006

I'm going to have to agree with Sven on this one, Mario.  adding mysql support to scponly is way outside the
design goals.

i have some serious doubts that any administrator would want to treat file transfer privs and database access as
the same problem to be solved with the same tool.

I think you would be better off with the access control included in mysql, perhaps augmented by some firewall
rules to limit accessibility to the server.  If the ultimate destination of your backup files is some remote
system, write your cron job on the remote system and access the data using tcp sql connection.  Running a local
msqyl_dump through scponly is officially a Bad Idea.

Sorry I cant help you more,
joe