[scponly] Problems getting Scponly on Cygwin

Roland Krystian Alberciak ra115 at mail.gatech.edu
Thu Feb 2 23:23:16 EST 2006

Paul.Hyder at noaa.gov wrote:
>>> What do the sftp diagnostics look like?
>>
>> I don't have any output for the sftp diagnostics. To setup
>> sftp-server support I did:
>>

>> 1. locate sftp-server
>> 2. $ ./configure --enable-winscp-compat
>> --with-sftp-server=/usr/sbin/sftp-server
>>

>> When I login through sftp I get kicked out as described, no output,
>> evenafter debuglevel is set to 2.
>
> You don't see syslog information after setting the
> scponly/debuglevel file contents to a value other than zero?

No. Nothing. =(

> Failing would pretty strange, the sftp support is good.  In
> any case there should be syslog messages for the sftp
> session, a double check of syslog might be helpful.

Feb  2 23:17:53 MyComputer sshd : PID 1432 : Accepted password for incoming
from 127.0
.0.1 port 4388 ssh2
Feb  2 23:17:53 MyComputer sshd : PID 2264 : Accepted password for incoming
from 127.0
.0.1 port 4388 ssh2
Feb  2 23:17:53 MyComputer sshd : PID 1432 : subsystem request for sftp

And that's it in /var/log/messages. =(. No other output generated despite
debuglevel set to 2.

> Looks like you aren't using the chrooted jail (scponlyc) is
> that also true?

Yes. Just the regular one. I want to get this one working before I go to the
chroot version.

> What platform is this?

WinXP Pro. Using scponly binary (not scponlyc)