[scponly] Hiding directories...

Paul Hyder Paul.Hyder at noaa.gov
Wed Feb 1 16:54:25 EST 2006

The modifications needed to support this go far beyond just changing
scponly; system utilities, ssh code, etc.  Main problem would be to
hide /etc, /lib, and /usr/lib.  (e.g. to move the contents of
${jail}/lib would require determining exactly what code needs to
be modified and where)

The default script builds individual jails that would hide users
from each other.  Scponly can also put the user into a sub directory
on login so there isn't visual clutter.  True, there isn't anything to
stop a user from exploring the jail but there isn't much to see.
    Paul Hyder
    NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory, Global Systems Division
    Boulder, CO