[scponly] scponly 4.6 ./configure under OpenBSD3.9

G 0kita goo13c at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 14:34:10 EDT 2006

Hey everybody, here's a post I sent last week.  I'd love to include the
config.log, but I'm tired of waiting for moderator approval.  There're
snippits of it at the end of the message.

On 8/22/06, <goo13c at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all.  I've noticed a number of posts lately about scponly 4.6 under
> OpenBSD 3.9.  I believe the problem is related to the configure script!
> configure, make and make install run without errors, but inspection of the
> config.log and the errors thrown by the setup_chroot.sh show that the
> binaries required for scp and sftp to run properly aren't being copied
> properly.
> If you check the other posts, you'll notice the errors thrown:
> <snip>
> Username to install [scponly]
> home directory you wish to set for this user [/home/scponly]
> name of the writeable subdirectory [incoming]
> install: 0: No such file or directory
> install: 1: No such file or directory
> install: Ref: No such file or directory
> <snip>
> This is because BINARIES ends up 'yes /bin/pwd /usr/bin/groups /usr/bin/id
> /bin/echo'
> and LIB_LIST ends up '0 1 Ref /usr/libexec/ld.so'
> Notice that 'yes' up there in BINARIES?  That's because in config.h#define PROG_SFTP_SERVER "yes".
> And isn't that a mighty short list of binaries?
> Problem is that confdefs.h doesn't complete properly in the configure
> script, but doesn't throw any errors.  I've included the config.log at the
> end of the post.
> The jail won't work properly without the missing binaries - which I
> believe are:
> ~/etc/pwd.db
> ~/usr/libexec/ sftp-server, ld.so
> ~/usr/bin/ scp, groups, id
> ~/usr/sbin/ chown, chgrp
> ~/bin/ ls, rm, ln, mv, chmod, mkdir, rmdir, pwd, echo
> ~/usr/lib/ libc.so.34.1, libcrypto.so.11.0
> although this list is the ones that scponly 4.2 used under OpenBSD 3.6.
> I don't have time right now to modify and diff the configure, but if you
> need me to test out a new configure script, toss me an email!
>
> G0kita

config.log
<snip>
  $ ./configure --enable-chrooted-binary --with-sftp-server

## --------- ##
## Platform. ##
## --------- ##

hostname = somehost.somewhere
uname -m = i386
uname -r = 3.9
uname -s = OpenBSD
uname -v = GENERIC#0

/usr/bin/uname -p = Intel Pentium III ("GenuineIntel" 686-class)
/bin/uname -X     = unknown

/bin/arch              = unknown
/usr/bin/arch -k       = OpenBSD.i386
/usr/convex/getsysinfo = unknown
hostinfo               = unknown
/bin/machine           = unknown
/usr/bin/oslevel       = unknown
/bin/universe          = unknown

PATH: /usr/bin
PATH: /bin
PATH: /usr/sbin
PATH: /sbin
PATH: /usr/X11R6/bin
PATH: /usr/local/bin
<snip>
configure:1494: checking for gcc
configure:1510: found /usr/bin/gcc
configure:1520: result: gcc
configure:1764: checking for C compiler version
configure:1767: gcc --version </dev/null >&5
gcc (GCC) 3.3.5 (propolice)
<snip>
configure:2239: gcc -c -g -O2  conftest.c >&5
conftest.c:2: error: syntax error before "me"
configure:2245: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| #ifndef __cplusplus
|   choke me
| #endif
<snip>
configure:4318: gcc -E  conftest.c
configure:4324: $? = 0
configure:4356: gcc -E  conftest.c
conftest.c:21:28: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
configure:4362: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "scponly"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "scponly"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "4.6"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "scponly 4.6"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "joe at sublimation.org"
| #define HOST_OS $host_os
| #define RESTRICTIVE_FILENAMES 1
| #define ENABLE_WILDCARDS 1
| #define GFTP_COMPAT 1
| #define ENABLE_SFTP 1
| #define CHROOTED_NAME "scponlyc"
| #define CHROOT_CHECKDIR 1
| #define PROG_PWD "/bin/pwd"
| #define PROG_GROUPS "/usr/bin/groups"
| #define PROG_ID "/usr/bin/id"
| #define PROG_ECHO "/bin/echo"
| #define PROG_SFTP_SERVER "yes"
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
| #include <ac_nonexistent.h>
configure:4401: result: gcc -E
configure:4425: gcc -E  conftest.c
configure:4431: $? = 0
configure:4463: gcc -E  conftest.c
conftest.c:21:28: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
configure:4469: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "scponly"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "scponly"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "4.6"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "scponly 4.6"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "joe at sublimation.org"
| #define HOST_OS $host_os
| #define RESTRICTIVE_FILENAMES 1
| #define ENABLE_WILDCARDS 1
| #define GFTP_COMPAT 1
| #define ENABLE_SFTP 1
| #define CHROOTED_NAME "scponlyc"
| #define CHROOT_CHECKDIR 1
| #define PROG_PWD "/bin/pwd"
| #define PROG_GROUPS "/usr/bin/groups"
| #define PROG_ID "/usr/bin/id"
| #define PROG_ECHO "/bin/echo"
| #define PROG_SFTP_SERVER "yes"
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
| #include <ac_nonexistent.h>

and then it does the failure again a few times.