[scponly] Using /./ ( magic token) with scponlyc

Gopu Natarajan ,ECS-Chennai ngopu at crm.hcltech.com
Wed May 18 02:53:57 EDT 2005

Hi Paul,

This is my passwd file entry for sftp only user:

sftp2:x:501:501::/home/sftp//ftp:/usr/local/sbin/scponlyc

I have a writable folder (./ftp) inside chroot(/home/sftp) directory.

My objective is when the sftp users are connecting via winscp they
should not see the chrooted directories /bin /etc ..(system directories)
as default (even they have access).

I am getting following error in secure log:

: Accepted password for sftp2 from x.x.x.x port 2522 ssh2
May 17 23:44:38 agni2 sshd[16101]: subsystem request for sftp
May 17 18:14:38 agni2 [16102]: changing initial directory to /root/ftp
May 17 18:14:38 agni2 [16102]: running: /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server
(username: sftp2(501), IP/port: x.x.x.x 2522 22)
May 17 18:14:38 agni2 [16102]: failed: /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server
with error No such file or directory(2) (username: sftp2(501), IP/port:
x.x.x.x 2522 22)

Pls. help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Gopu N