[scponly] SCPOnly 4.0, ftp login no longer working

Hideyuki KURASHINA rushani at bl.mmtr.or.jp
Mon Mar 21 20:31:34 EST 2005

Hi,

>>> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:55:14 -0800, bishop <bishop at platypus.bc.ca> said:

> Hey Folks,
>
> After upgrading to SCPOnly 4.0, one of my users, who enjoys ftp access,
> noticed that he's no longer able to log into the ftp server.  I tried
> this myself, noticing that scponly now seems to forbid ftp access.
> Users with cvsonly, for instance, had no such problem.

scponly does not allow FTP access, but just SFTP (and others).

> I'm curious to know if something changed between 3.9 and 4.0 that would
> now forbid this.  Both were built identically, and both installed via
> the same process as well.

How do you build it?  Please provide details of your process.

Without applying any flag to a configure script, ``scponly'' binary built
from source works fine here (of cource, both SCP and SFTP).

> So, first-off, any intentional code change that would change this
> behaviour?  A true to a false, perhaps?

I don't know...  What about your log file?  Is there any changes
after upgrading your scponly binary?

> If someone can point me to the CVS, I'd greatly appreciate it.

It seems that CVSweb on http://sublimation.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/scponly/
is not configured well.  Get diff between

  http://www.sublimation.org/scponly/scponly-4.0.tgz

and

  http://www.sublimation.org/scponly/scponly-3.9.tgz

manually.