[scponly] SCPOnly 4.0, ftp login no longer working

bishop bishop at platypus.bc.ca
Mon Mar 21 19:55:14 EST 2005

Hey Folks,

After upgrading to SCPOnly 4.0, one of my users, who enjoys ftp access,
noticed that he's no longer able to log into the ftp server.  I tried
this myself, noticing that scponly now seems to forbid ftp access.
Users with cvsonly, for instance, had no such problem.

I'm curious to know if something changed between 3.9 and 4.0 that would
now forbid this.  Both were built identically, and both installed via
the same process as well.

So, first-off, any intentional code change that would change this
behaviour?  A true to a false, perhaps?

If someone can point me to the CVS, I'd greatly appreciate it.

  - bish

--
	"launching a war of aggression is a crime and that no political
	 or economic situation can justify it."