[scponly] scponly and sftp-logging patch possible?

Ralf Durkee rd at rd1.net
Thu Jul 28 10:42:52 EDT 2005

You're going to need to create the appropriate syslog socket for the
chrooted environment such as dev/log, but sounds like you have another
problem since it's not logging in the non-chrooted environment.  Are the
other features of the patch such as no chmod no chown working? If they
are, then maybe there's something in the environment like a variable
being required for the logging. There was a recent fix to the patch for
environment variables. You may want to contact the author.

[ from http://sftplogging.sourceforge.net/ ]
June 23, 2005: openssh-4.0p1.sftplogging-v1.4.patch released which
handles null values in environment variables. use this version if you're
compiling on solaris. You may also use it on any other system, if you
wish, although not necessary.

-- Ralf Durkee, CISSP, GSEC, GCIH
Principal Consultant
585-624-9551