[scponly] scponly bugs

ColinB cbyh at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 24 10:33:41 EST 2005

I've successfully compiled scponly 4.0 after a few tweaks, and found a
couple of bugs.

1. There is missing "#ifdef ENABLE_SCP2" around the PROG_SCP entry in
   dangerous_args[] also a missing "#ifdef ENABLE_FTP" around the
   PROG_FTP_SERVER entry.

2. When --with-default-chdir is used to set a initial directory,
   configure does not place a "#define ENABLE_DEFAULT_CHDIR 1" into
   config.h, so the initial directory functionality does not work.
   Adding the #define manually to config.h solves this problem.

3. I also had problems with make not accepting the ":=" declarations
   near the start of the Makefile. Manually changing the occurances
   of ":=" to "=" got around the problem.

4. Also for some reason "groups" failed to build, although this does
   not seem to be necessary so I just ignored it.

3 and 4 might be due to the fact that I'me building on Solaris 10, but
I think that 1 and 2 are OS independent.

Incidentally, the make chroot script does not work on Solaris so I had
to set up the chroot jail manually.

It would also be nice if a *variable* initial directory could be set.
This would allow us to create a common home directory in say
/chroot-jail/home which was root-owned (and therefore unmodifiable by
users), and have individual user home subdirectories set via the
initial directory mechanism - so john would end up in
/chroot-jail/home/john and paul in /chroot-jail/home/paul ...
and so on.