[scponly] login error: No such file or directory(2)

Tiago Daniel Jacobs tiago at mdtestudio.com.br
Mon Aug 29 10:59:52 EDT 2005

Roger, if you have access to the crontab, use it to do the start of sshd
for you, for example

echo
"#!/bin/bash
IS_RUNNING=`ps -e | grep sshd | awk {'print $1'} | head -n`
if [ -z "$IS_RUNNING" ]; then
    sshd -d &> /tmp/log_sshd &
fi;
" > /bin/debug_sshd

chmod u+x /bin/debug_sshd

crontab -e (and add the /bin/debug_sshd to run, for example, 5-5 minutes)

Now, lets kill the sshd daemon
killall sshd
wait your five minutes,
login and view the output using:
tail -f /tmp/log_sshd

if this info does not help, put strace before the sshd command, on the
debug_sshd script.

good Luck !!

Tiago