[scponly] moving SOLARIS_COMPAT to UNIX_COMPAT -> building on AIX

Lupe Christoph lupe at lupe-christoph.de
Mon Nov 1 05:36:26 EST 2004

On Sunday, 2004-10-31 at 23:27:45 +0100, Sven Hoexter wrote:
> Hmpf what have I done? Ok my intention with this patch was just to provide
> something for aix users to compile scponly. I've read through my old mails
> and found out that someone compiled scponly on aix with "SOLARIS_COMPAT"
> and thought that it would be quite easy to use the same #ifdef for aix.
> Well looks like I've to fight now with the monster ;)
> I don't know much about auto* tools yet so it looks like I've to read
> lot of manuals - do you've a hint for a newbie where to start?

Hmpf what have *I* done? ;-) I'm a newbie to auto* myself.

> There are also some IRIX_COMPAT #ifdef looking similar to those for
> Solaris, but I've no Irix box to test so I did not touch them.

Neither do I. Anybody on this mailing list with an IRIX box?

> > That should make scponly more portable to unknown POSIX variants.
> Well, aehm I put this on my todo list but no estimation when I've time
> to learn about all those new things. Maybe someone else with more knowledge
> has the time to work on it.

I can promise I won't :-( But having access to Solaris 8 (Solaris 9,
too, but not from home), Debian Linux and FreeBSD both 4.10 and 5.2.1 I
can at least compile scponly on those platforms.

I would not expect you to do more than accept this for your TODO list.

Apologies for shovelling more manure on you,
Lupe Christoph
--
| lupe at lupe-christoph.de       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| "... putting a mail server on the Internet without filtering is like   |