[scponly] scponly 3.11 various bug fixes - patch released.

David Ramsden david at hexstream.eu.org
Tue May 25 18:18:47 EDT 2004

Hi,

First of all a disclaimer: This isn't an official patch released by the
author of scponly :)

I've finally cracked the chdir problem in scponly and also found a few
other bugs whilst doing this so I've decided to release a patch on my
website[1]

Firstly, this patch adds correct chdir support to scponly when used as a
chrooted binary. This has been a problem from the very start (IIRC).
If you're wondering why scponlyc does not chdir when using something
like /home/fred//incoming then this patch is for you.

Secondly, I found a few typos in the UNISON compatibility code. There
was a reference to "EXIT_FAIL" (should be EXIT_FAILURE) and "debug"
(should be debuglevel) - this is addressed in my patch.

The patch is against version 3.11, from the scponly website.

To apply, cd in to the scponly-3.11 directory after untar'ing and first
run:
$ patch -p0 --dry-run < ../scponly-3.11-bugfixes.patch

If this applies without failing, run:
$ patch -p0 < ../scponly-3.11-bugfixes.patch

Lastly - I'm not a great C programmer. There might be better ways of
implementing my chdir fix but it works for me and works well. I have bug
tested it too. I think it's "secure" too. i.e. safe from buffer
overflows.

[1] http://david.hexstream.eu.org/scponly-3.11-bugfixes.patch

Hope this helps everyone.
Regards,