AW: [Maybe Spam][L] [scponly] scponly chroot jail on Solaris 8 (I ntel)

Lammel Roland roland.lammel at kapsch.net
Wed Jul 14 11:36:40 EDT 2004

Please always reply to the list...

I have done some checks which binaries are linked against which shared libs, that's why some of them need libpam, although authentication itself, is already done before the chroot is executed (at least that what I understood).

The libraries are problably different on ix86, so you have to find out (best using ldd on the binaries you need) whats actually needed. There might be some more files required, which are best found out through trial and error ;-)

Yes /lib/ld.so is a symlink.

Don't know about ld.conf, guess the man pages are your friend, what the solaris ix86 dynaloader actually needs to work.
I don't have the platform (nor the time to test currently), so good luck on that one.

Please post your results (or updates arch/build scripts) when you succeed.

Each user needs ist own jail, that's the only way to seperate them, only way around that would be to have them all in the same group, but then the can write and see each others file (that wouldn't make too much sense to me)

Cheers

+rl