[scponly] scponly chroot jail on Solaris 8 (Intel)

Sue Bauer-Lee sblee at tazmania.org
Sun Jul 11 23:38:01 EDT 2004

Great package. I've finally had a chance to attempt implementation.
First a Solaris Intel transfer system, then on to a RH Enterprise
system. As have others, I ran the setup_chroot..... script. It didn't
create a bin directory... seems like lots of stuff is missing.

Has anyone successfully created this environment on a Solaris system?
What are the suggested contents of the jail directories (bin, etc, usr)?
Is a "dev" required? Also, is it better to create a "/home/users" jail
with the above listed system directories and the individual user
directories below, or a separate jail for each user?

TIA for the help. This is my last attempt at being able to deploy a
limited access scp/sftp user tomorrow since the standard company wide
sco wrapper shell isn't working with WinSCP......