[scponly] problems with scponly 3.8 on rh 7.3

Amaya Rodrigo Sastre arodrigo at genasys.com
Wed Sep 24 23:46:46 EDT 2003

nightowl dijo:
> Just FYI: Had a problem with WinSCP yesterday too - gave me errors
> about "groups" and about "pwd" ... turning off the debugging solved it
> though this was nowhere mentioned in the error messages... just have
> to know it :)

Same problem here. Winscp connections complain of /bin/groups and that's
because it's a shell script that may not exist in his setup, especially
if that's a chroot.

If you need extra debugging, see what "snoopy" can do for you:
http://www.citi.umich.edu/u/marius/snoopy/

	~-amaya at nen>apt-cache show snoopy
	Package: snoopy
	 snoopy is merely a shared library that is used as a wrapper to
	 the execve() function provided by libc as to log every call to
	 syslog (authpriv).  system administrators may find snoopy
	 useful in tasks such as light/heavy system monitoring, tracking
	 other administrator's actions as well as getting a good 'feel'
	 of what's going on in the system (for example apache running
	 cgi scripts).

--
Amaya M. Rodrigo Sastre              Genasys II Spain, S.A.U.
Mobile Location Systems IT SysAdmin    Ventura de la Vega, 5.

SysAdmin: a mechanism for converting caffeine into web servers.