[scponly] Re: scponly debian package.

nightowl nightowl at uk2.net
Fri Oct 24 12:34:15 EDT 2003

SH> IMHO it's useless to provide a scponlyc binary in a package
SH> cause everybody has own wishes where the chroot enviroment
SH> should be build up. Other points are that systems change.
SH> That is also the case in the Debian unstable and testing
SH> branchess so there is no good way to ensure that all lib
SH> names fit.

it is perfectly possible to _ask_ the user where he/she wants the
chroot environment to be built. You could also look for a standard
couple of files on a couple of places. Think it would be a great
improvement cause lots of people find it difficult to install a chroot
environment.

Though I guess it would also be of great help to have a list of
"mandatory" files on the homepage of SCPOnly - that list has been
posted in this mailinglist already and I would be glad to give you my
list (Debian).