[scponly] Re: scponly Digest, Vol 9, Issue 15

Johan Heikkilä johanheikkila at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 1 14:06:56 EDT 2003

Hello Konrad.

I tested your version on Redhat 9 but I had to change virtually every hard
coded path (/bin/grep and so on). I got the install script working by that.
But, I cannot get a WinSCP session working without crashing. If I choose the
scponlyc shell for the particular user, WinSCP crashes with error 127 every
time the logged in user tries to copy any file. I cannot figure out what is
the problem, so I am going back to the deafult scponlyc setup script. The
group issue is annoying of course.

Great that you tried to improve the install scripts, though. I think we need
to workl more on it so different platforms can use scponly more easy.

thanks,
Johan