[scponly] RE: something new from the HP-UX front?

Roste Pal Asmund pal.asmund.roste at edb.com
Mon Jan 27 12:53:05 EST 2003

I have done lot's of things, and now it is working(in non chrooted mode),
can you look over what I have done and tell me if I have done anyting that
is "Not good":

1. I did not get GCC to compile on my hp server, so I started looking
elsewhere, and it seems that the compiler didn't undrestand the := , so I
changed it to = and it understood it. What is the difference of := and = in
the Makefile ??

2. Then I got some other problems with stuff the compiler didn't understand:

root at dhpsat0:[~/palar/scponly-3.5] make
        cc -g -D__HPLX -I/usr/local/hplx/include -L/usr/local/hplx/lib
-lhplx -lsec -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-DDEBUGFILE='"/usr/local/etc/scponly/debuglevel"' -o scponly scponly.c
helper.c
scponly.c:
cc: "scponly.c", line 76: error 1588: "LOG_PERROR" undefined.
cc: "scponly.c", line 86: error 1588: "LOG_AUTHPRIV" undefined.
cc: "scponly.c", line 86: warning 563: Argument #3 is not the correct type.
helper.c:
cpp: "helper.c", line 26: warning 2001: Redefinition of macro MAX.
cc: "helper.c", line 218: error 1588: "GLOB_TILDE" undefined.
*** Error exit code 2

Stop.

3. To get rid of this I did the following:

In scponly.c I removed the LOG_PERROR lines, and changed the LOG_AUTHPRIV to
LOG_AUTH, like it is done if SOLARIS_COMPAT is set. (maybe we need a
HPUX_COMPAT here??)

In helper.c i removed the GLOB_TILDE, but i don't know if this is ok....

4. Then I got the following problems:

root at dhpsat0:[~/palar/scponly-3.5] make
        cc -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-DDEBUGFILE='"/usr/local/etc/scponly/debuglevel"' -o scponly scponly.c
helper.c
scponly.c:
helper.c:
cc: "helper.c", line 187: warning 527: Integral value implicitly converted
to pointer in assignment.
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: (Warning) At least one PA 2.0 object file (scponly.o) was
detected. The linked output may not run on a PA 1.x system.
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
   seteuid (code)
   strsep (code)
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

5. To get rid of this I had to install the "libhplx library" that I found on
the following page: http://devrsrc1.external.hp.com/LPK/, you have to enter
some information, but it is free.
After this was installed I added the following to the CFLAGS in the
makefile:
-D__HPLX -I/usr/local/hplx/include -L/usr/local/hplx/lib -lhplx -lsec

Explanation:
-D__HPLX is a definition required to turn on libhplx defines in the libhplx
header files.
-I/usr/local/hplx/include includes the libhplx header files that must be
used with liphplx. Note: This flag must precede all other -I directives.
-L/usr/local/hplx/lib defines the search path for the libhplx library.
-lhplx links in the libhplx library
-lsec links in libsec since on Linux many of these APIs are in libc and will
not require a link directive.

6. This did the trick. now it compiles fine, and works great with winscp.

When I try to log in with ssh or telnet from another unix host, i seem to
get in, but i don't get a prompt, and if I type commands, I get "WinSCP:
this is end-of-file:0" as output from the shell, Is this correct behaviour ?

The "make jail" command is kind of not configured right for hpux, so i don't
get it to work well yet.
i am also not finding the ld.so....

Your input is greatly apreciated

Pal Asmund Roste
----
<All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand.>
-----