[scponly] configure on hpux 11.11

Sven Hoexter sven at telelev.net
Fri Jan 17 19:19:23 EST 2003

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 01:08:21PM +0100, Røste Pål Asmund wrote:

Hi,
I had a few private mails with Pål and a good friend from irc.german-elite.net
(namely Cat) who helped out to get on with this issue.
I now try to gather all information we got.

> I tried a bit and found out that this worked : ./configure --build=hp9k800
> --enable-chrooted-binary
The problem here was/is that Joe has a quite old version of autoconf and
config.(guess|sub) files in use wich don't know about the newer HP Hardware
(9000/800 hppa2.0w). You can prove this with grep if you don't trust me.

> Now I am trying to run make, but that doesn't work either. It only says:
>
> root at dhpsat0:[~/palar/scponly-3.5] make
>
> Make: line 3: syntax error.  Stop.
>
> I am not shure of where I can find this line 3 that it is complaining about.
> Anyone that have had this problem??
This is just a incompatible Unix version of make. Using gnu make fixed that
but results in the following problem:

-----quote------
as we speak I am having some problems when runing gmake: (do i have to
compile it with gcc maybe??):

root at dhpsat0:[~/palar/scponly-3.5] gmake
cc -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DDEBUGFILE='"/usr/local/etc/scponly/debuglevel"' -o
scponly scponly.c helper.c
scponly.c:
cc: "scponly.c", line 76: error 1588: "LOG_PERROR" undefined.
cc: "scponly.c", line 86: error 1588: "LOG_AUTHPRIV" undefined.
cc: "scponly.c", line 86: warning 563: Argument #3 is not the correct type.
helper.c:
cc: "helper.c", line 187: warning 527: Integral value implicitly converted
to pointer in assignment.
cc: "helper.c", line 218: error 1588: "GLOB_TILDE" undefined.
----quote-----

Any ideas?

For further testing I prepared a tarball with newer autoconf stuff taken
from Debian/sid. This is not a fork and I'll remove this stuff when Joe
releases a new version of scponly so use it for testing only!

http://hoaxter.telelev.net/scponly/scponly-3.5-sven.tar.gz
http://hoaxter.telelev.net/scponly/scponly.md5

Sven

Have you mooed today? http://www.hoaxter.de/cows.txt