[scponly] Alternate authentication methods for sftp

Andy Gayton andy at thecablelounge.com
Sat Dec 20 19:48:21 EST 2003

Hi All,

Is it possible to authenticate of something besides the unix system password file for sftp only users?  Perhaps from a database or from ldap?

The reason I ask is since the users are sftp only, there doesn't seem to be a way for them to maintain their password except perhaps via a web interface.  I can't think of anyway to let the users update the unix system password file via a web interface without opening up a lot of potential security holes.

Any advice is greatly apprciated!
Andy.