[scponly] Windows Client

Johann Koenig explosive at hvc.rr.com
Tue Dec 16 17:41:42 EST 2003

On Tuesday December 16 at 09:46pm
David Ramsden <david at hexstream.eu.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 04:37:52PM -0500, Johann Koenig wrote:
> > Has anyone found a good client for scponly (with chroot) for
> > windows? WinSCP is awesome, but it hiccups when using the chroot.
> > Are there any graphical clients that allow the use of chroot?
> >
> [snip]
>
> http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/ - Never had any problems with it and
> recommend it to all clients for use with SFTP.

Alright, I see the problem, I never set up a chroot environment. Not
WinSCP's fault at all. I understand what I did wrong. However, heres my
problem:

I want to chroot my website users to /var/www/<user's site>

I tried setting /var/www to be the chroot dir, and setting each user's
dir to /var/www//<user's site>, but they can still transverse each
other's sites. I guess the alternative is to to make each user's dir a
chroot dir, and set it up like: /var/www/<user's site>/public_html
and set apache to use /var/www/<user's site>/public_html instead of
/var/www/<user's site>.

Seeing as there are only 3 users I have to do this for (just some
friends of mine), this won't be a problem. However, if anyone has
suggestions for a better way, I'm all ears.

Thanks.
--
-johann koenig
Now Playing: PJ Harvey - Beautiful Feeling : Stories from the City,