[scponly] changing passwords in scponly

Thomas Quaritsch thomas at quaritsch.at
Wed Apr 16 09:06:01 EDT 2003

Hi!
On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 02:59:51PM +0800, Oliver John wrote:

> If not has anybody got a work around as to how to allow a user to
> change his/her password?

I have the following setup for my users:
I installed poppassd (daemon which is run through inetd and listens on
port 106/tcp) from the Debian archive. This daemon lets you change
your password by telnetting to port 106. But I have closed this port
in the firewall and installed a web frontend instead (using Apache, a
Python CGI-Script and SSL encryption). So every user can change his
password through this site: https://ssl.qwws.net/poppass/

regards
Thomas

PS:  I got the python script from the net somewhere - i can upload it if
you are interested.
--
Error in operating: add beer!