[scponly] Re: scponly bug

joe joe at sublimation.org
Mon Sep 16 11:28:45 EDT 2002

Zdenek,

Thanks for emailing me.  I am hoping I can ask you some more questions
about the problems you mention.  see questions inline...

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Zdenek Hladik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just tried to test your SCPONLY package. It seems to by little
> messy package. It seems that 3.1 pakage nobody tested on Linux. make
> jail ends with crazy error. But it is not big problem because chroot
> for making jail is on Internet lot of other cookbooks.

Could you send me this error?

> But more serious problem i got. At first I believed that i made wrong
> chroot jail, but after adding some debug messages to scponly.c i
> found that scponlyc crashes inside
>
>        flatten_vector()
>
> on processing of scp -r -p -d "somefile" command from winscp. with
> exit signal 11 (memory violation).

If possible, could you increase your debugging output (edit
/usr/local/etc/scponly/debugfile andchange value inside the file to "2")
and rerun your winscp program to cause the crash.  It would be very
valuable if i could see the debugging output.

> Because I did not understand purposes of flattening i simply used
> "request" variable instead of flatted_request" and it started to
> work.

flatten_vector() takes an argument vector (like char **argv) and changes
it into a regular C string (char *).  it does this by placing a
single space between each argument in the argument vector.   i will audit
this code and try to find the problem.