[scponly] bug in helper.c?

Sven Hoexter sven at telelev.net
Wed Oct 30 15:16:16 EST 2002

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 09:51:51PM -0800, joe wrote:

Hi Joe,

> thanks for reporting this.  could you tell me if #define SOLARIS_COMPAT is
> in your config.h?  i'm guessing it isnt.
Jup, you're right :)

>  I'll have to look into what
> solaris sets the host_os variable to in the ./configure script.
A short echo after the host_os stuff in the configure script gives me
the following:

sven at mark2:~/scponly-3.3 >./configure
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
This is host_os: solaris2.8

>  could you
> also tell me your "uname -a"?

sven at mark2:~/scponly-3.3 >uname -a
SunOS mark2 5.8 Generic_108528-05 sun4u sparc

> On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Sven Hoexter wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 11:33:47AM -0800, joe wrote:
> > >
> > > alright, i found a solaris friendly strsep clone on the web and removed
> > > strsep from the configure required functions.
> > >
> > > i smuggled this fix into scponly-3.2, which was released about an hour
> > > ago.  please let me know if you have problems as i have no solaris box to
> > > test on.
> > Ok I've no use for scponly on a Solaris box but I thought some testing won't
> > be that worse so I gave it a try and ended up with this error:
> >
> > sven at mark2:~/scponly-3.3 >make
> > gcc -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DDEBUGFILE='"/usr/local/etc/scponly/debuglevel"' -o scponly scponly.c helper.c
> > scponly.c: In function `main':
> > scponly.c:76: `LOG_PERROR' undeclared (first use in this function)
> > scponly.c:76: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> > scponly.c:76: for each function it appears in.)
> > scponly.c:86: `LOG_AUTHPRIV' undeclared (first use in this function)
> > helper.c: In function `build_arg_vector':
> > helper.c:187: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
> > helper.c: In function `expand_wildcards':
> > helper.c:218: `GLOB_TILDE' undeclared (first use in this function)
> > helper.c:218: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> > helper.c:218: for each function it appears in.)
> > make: *** [scponly] Error 1
> >
> > The box is running Solaris 8 with most of the latest patches and the
> > sunfreeware.com gcc, ssh etc. packages. scponly is v3.3

HTH

Sven
--
Apt-rpm packages for RedHat