[scponly] 3.1 configure glitch

Lupe Christoph lupe at lupe-christoph.de
Thu Oct 17 12:44:30 EDT 2002

On Tuesday, 2002-10-15 at 02:08:46 +0100, Andrew Chadwick wrote:

> ... Anyway, I've
> attached a patch against scponly_3.1 which should cure a bunch of
> problems, and allow you to get your sftp-server binary set right.

Alas, it does not get the shell selection right. It stills finds bash on
FreeBSD. And it does not find ls when I remove /usr/local/bin from PATH
so that it can't find bash.

As I said, I know almost nothing about autoconf, but it begins to look
like this is autoconf's fault. The ls problem comes from this line in
configure (generated after your patch):

> for as_dir in `echo "$PATH:" | sed -e 's/:/ /'`
But IFS is ':', so it looks at the first two directories as one path
with a embedded space. The directories are /sbin and /bin.

I tried autoconf 2.54, but it has the same problem.

I have to run configure with a carefully crafted PATH. One that has to
dummy directories as the first two entries, and omits the directory
containing bash. Then configure does finish.

I finds sftp server:
configure: enabling SFTP compatability...
checking for sftp-server... /usr/libexec/sftp-server

The speling is "compatibility".

I don't have rsync installed, so it can't find that. Sorry, no tests for
this, the machine is my home firewall.

I'm out of tuits now, I will test scponly when I have some more.

Thanks for the patch!
Lupe Christoph
--
| lupe at lupe-christoph.de       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| Big Misunderstandings #6398: The Titanic was not supposed to be        |