[scponly] Re: scponly bug

Gabor Kovacs koga at webigen.com
Wed Oct 2 13:51:35 EDT 2002

joe wrote:

 >> I just tried to test your SCPONLY package. It seems to by little
 >> messy package. It seems that 3.1 pakage nobody tested on Linux. make
 >> jail ends with crazy error. But it is not big problem because chroot
 >> for making jail is on Internet lot of other cookbooks.
 >
 >Could you send me this error?

There's a missing "fi" statement in the setup_chroot.sh script which
makes `make jail` to fail with unexpected end of file error.

My other problem is that it seems scponly 3.1 does not support
environment varibles, so WinSCP's commands which contains $ are
producing error messages.

WinSCP log follows:

Detecting variable containing return code of last command.
Trying "$status".
echo "$status" ; echo "WinSCP: this is end-of-file:0"
invalid characters in scp command!
here:$status"
try using a wildcard to match this file/directory
WinSCP: this is end-of-file:0
Trying "$?".
echo "$?" ; echo "WinSCP: this is end-of-file:0"
invalid characters in scp command!
here:$?"
try using a wildcard to match this file/directory

Gabor