[PRL] Bob Harper's new blog

Jed Davis jld at ccs.neu.edu
Fri Mar 18 20:21:06 EDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 08:38:53PM -0700, Dave Herman wrote:
> There are more styles of OO in heaven and earth, Bob, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
>
> Dave "JS and Rust" Herman

For that matter, the basic form of OO has a way of turning up where it's
needed, even in the complete absence of language support.  (I'd declare
myself Jed "vnode" Davis here to make the point clearer, but the analogy
isn't quite exact.)

Nor, indeed, does designing a language with OO as the fundamental design
principle imply all of the horrors described elsewhere in this thread:
 http://compilers.cs.ucla.edu/virgil/

--
.text
.ascii "h<8[X]hO2:>TXhxY-1T[hv]?xTY1(1+1)jOT_^j1!7[j4!7XjE17ZRQSSSPX]"