[PRL] Bob Harper's new blog

William D Clinger will at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Mar 16 14:59:17 EDT 2011

Mitch wrote:
> The first few posts have been interesting.

That's a polite way of putting it.

> Link:
> http://existentialtype.wordpress.com/2011/03/15/teaching-fp-to-freshmen/

Clicking on the archive link, I read his essay on "Boolean
Blindness".  The first sentence of its sixth paragraph is
flat-out wrong, but it seems unfair to mention just that
one sentence when so many others vie for that distinction.

I also noticed this tidbit from "Teaching FP to freshmen":

    Object-oriented programming is eliminated entirely
    from the introductory curriculum, because it is both
    anti-modular and anti-parallel by its very nature,
    and hence unsuitable for a modern CS curriculum.