[PRL] Nature article on scientific programming

Matthias Felleisen matthias at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Nov 23 20:14:15 EST 2010

On Nov 17, 2010, at 10:14 PM, Paul Steckler wrote:

> A geneticist friend sent me this link:
>
> http://www.nature.com/news/2010/101013/full/467775a.html
>
> In light of the flap over the SEC using Python, note the remark in the
> article about switching from FORTRAN to Python.

Thanks Paul, this is an interesting reference and I have
forwarded to a physicist friend with a ton of scientific code
in his lab.

It is sad that the opinion piece takes cheap shots at [US] politics.
But I am truly happy to see that Republican senators keep scientists
honest. They are fully with Feynman here; I just wish that Democratic
senators had the same honesty principles and spine

-- Matthias