[PRL] the PRL's visit to Google's Cambridge lab: Monday Nov 22

Aaron Turon turon at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Nov 18 11:29:14 EST 2010

Below are the full details for our lab "field trip" to Google's
Cambridge lab on Monday, Nov 22.  This is an opportunity to create
relationships with Google (which can turn into internships and jobs),
and also to increase Google's awareness of Northeastern's programming
languages prowess.  Please attend!

--

Please arrive at our office (directions below) at noon on Monday,
November 22nd. After you check in with security and get your name

Directions: We are at 5 Cambridge Center in Kendall Square (right
across the street from the Kendall Hotel and about 1 block away from
the Kendall T stop). Please come up to the 4th floor and ask our
receptionists to let me know you're here. It's probably easiest to
take the T, but if some people are driving there is an attached garage
at 5 Cambridge Center- the entrance is on Ames Street (please note
that if you turn onto Ames Street from Broadway, you will be on the
wrong side of the divided street to turn into the garage).

Russ' Bio: Russ Cox worked on the open source releases of Plan 9 from
Bell Labs and wrote the search engine for the Encyclopedia of Integer
Sequences before joining Google. At Google, he led the design and
implementation of Google Code Search, a regular expression-based
search engine for public source code, and now he works onthe new
programming language Go.