[PRL] Practice Talk for AOSD

Bryan Chadwick chadwick at ccs.neu.edu
Sun Mar 7 14:22:38 EST 2010

Hello all,

I'll be doing a practice talk for my AOSD presentation tomorrow (Monday) @ 2:30 in WVH 166.

If you can make it and provide feedback I would appreciate it.  The paper title and abstract are below.

Thanks,
Bryan.

--------------------------------

Title: Weaving Generic Programming and Traversal Performance
Authors: Bryan Chadwick and Karl Lieberherr

Abstract:
   Developing complex software requires that functions be implemented
   over a variety of recursively defined data structures.  While the
   design (and modeling) of structures is itself difficult, complex
   data can require even more complex functions.  In this paper, we
   introduce a declarative form of traversal-based generic
   programming that modularizes functions over a structure using
   function-objects. Our approach is supported by a library and set
   of generative tools, collectively called DemeterF, which are used
   to implement modular, adaptive functions. While our traversals
   support high-level abstractions resulting in modular and
   extensible functions, we retain genericity, flexibility and
   performance through traversal generation and inlining.