[PRL] Teleconferencing

Vasileios Koutavas vkoutav at ccs.neu.edu
Sun Sep 14 21:36:40 EDT 2008

Hi all,

My external committee member will watch my defense via
teleconferencing on Tuesday and I was wondering if anyone has any
experience with this. I plan to use the camera and microphone of my
laptop (Macbook) and connect via skype. I will also send the slides to
him in case the image of the projector is not very clear from the
camera. I'm not sure what system he will be using. I think the main
problem will be the sound, so I will have to stay close to the laptop
and repeat whatever the local audience says. The talk will be in 366
which has some sort of audio-visual setup, but I don't know if it's
useful at all. Any tips would be highly appreciated.

--Vassilis