[PRL] Computer science `education'

John Clements clements at brinckerhoff.org
Fri Nov 9 16:17:53 EST 2007

On Nov 9, 2007, at 12:00 PM, Joe Marshall wrote:

> Was I expecting too much?  We're all my questions way too hard?  Or
> did the
> college completely fail in its mission?  Or is the general computer
> science curriculum
> this bad everywhere?

I don't think that your questions were too hard, but your description
suggests to me that the student did a reasonable job with all of
them.  This guy certainly trashed all but one or two of the
undergraduate students were I now work (Cal Poly), and quite frankly,
reading your account makes me wonder what you would have thought of
_me_.

My opinion only,

John