[PRL] Computer to try out Spec#?

Richard Cobbe cobbe at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Mar 7 12:02:11 EST 2007

I'm trying to figure out how a specific feature of Spec# works, and the
papers on MSR's Spec# page contain only a very cursory description of the
feature in question.

So, I'd like to install it and play around with it, but the download from
the MSR page appears to require various software components that I don't
have, such as .NET framework version 2.  (MSDNAA has only what appears to
be v1.1 available for download.)

I'd love to find a Windows machine somewhere with Spec# installed, or at
least the necessary dependencies, so I can play around with this for a
couple of hours.  Failing that, if I can get the necessary software
dependencies without paying for Visual Studio, I can try to install those
under VirtualPC and run it on my Mac.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can get this stuff?

Thanks,

Richard