[PRL] den sem

Paul A. Steckler steck at stecksoft.com
Sat Mar 3 23:34:24 EST 2007

> Don't let that feeling mislead you into thinking that
> denotational semantics is always about functions and can't be
> executable, or that operational semantics is never about
> functions and is always executable.

Just to add fuel to the already-blazing fire, I'll mention that
I'm currently working on a denotational semantics, where the
denotations are the values of Haskell terms.  The semantics
is not for a programming language, but for another kind of formal
language.  Because the denotations are expressed in Haskell, the
semantics is certainly executable.

-- Paul