[PRL] Setting up CVS repository for remote access

Galen Williamson gwilliam at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Jul 19 11:45:28 EDT 2005

I relied on this capability heavily during my dissertation...

There's a CCIS howto for remotely accessing a CVS repository, but the
short of it is to use CVS_RSH=ssh, and a CVSROOT like

:ext:wand at denali.ccs.neu.edu:/home/wand/path-to-cvsroot

This works great with cygwin, but I haven't tried wincvs.

Shared access would require the other user have a CCIS unix account and
read/write access to your CVS directories and files.

--Galen.