[PRL] teTeX installation in /scratch/cobbe

Richard Cobbe cobbe at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Dec 30 22:02:07 EST 2004

Several of you have been using the teTeX installation in /scratch/cobbe
on the CCS Solaris network, since it's much more recent than systems'
default installation.

This is just a brief note to let you know that I've just rebuilt this
installation.  You shouldn't notice any changes except for the
following:

  - The txfonts and pxfonts packages, and associated fonts, are no
    longer available.  (These packages are pretty broken; use mathptmx
    and mathpazo instead.)

  - The binaries are now in /scratch/cobbe/usr/bin, rather than
    /scratch/cobbe/usr/bin/sparc-sun-solaris2.9 .  You may want to
    adjust your PATH settings accordingly.

If anyone has any problems with this build of TeX, let me know and I'll
look into it (though maintaining this is not exactly high priority for
me any longer, since I do most of my typesetting on my Macs these days).

Richard