[PRL] Hirzerl PL Seminar

Jeffrey D Palm jpalm at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Dec 14 09:10:40 EST 2004

Martin Hirzel will speak at PL Seminar on 1/26 on pointer analysis in
the presence of class loading.  He received his PhD in July 2004 from
the University of Colorado under Amer Diwan, his disseration was on
Connectivity-Based Garbage Collection, and he is now a researcher now in
the Dynamic Optimization Group at IBM Research.  The official
announcement will be sent to pl-seminar at ccs, but I wanted to send out
two invitations first:

  (1) If you would like to meet with him privately or in a group
      please contact him directly -- hirzel at us.ibm.com -- and let me
      know, so I can keep a schedule.

  (2) I want to organize a round-table lunch with him and other PhD
      students in the lab.  So, if you'd like to attend that please let
      me know.  It will be directly after the talk and food will be
      provided.  Martin was a very productive grad student; he
      published in/at PLDI, TOPLAS, OOPSLA, ECOOP, ISMM and graduated in
      four years.  I think this will be a fun and efficient way for him
      to learn about what we're doing and a chance to pick his brain.

Jeff
--
Jeffrey Palm --> http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/jpalm