[PRL] Presentation Workshop: Dale Vaillancourt 9/8/04

Mitchell Wand wand at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Sep 6 13:09:40 EDT 2004

Presentation Workshop (aka "Torture Chamber") presents:

Dale Vaillancourt
Relating Models of Backtracking
(ICFP 2004 Presentation)
Wed 9/8/04

Past attempts to relate two well-known models of backtracking
computation have met with only limited success.  We relate these two
models using logical relations.  We accommodate higher-order values
and infinite computations.  We also provide an operational semantics,
and we prove it adequate for both models.

Coming events in pl-seminar:

Wed 9/15: Mike Sperber, "Object-Oriented Programming Considered
Harmful"