[PRL] Tex Question: Bold font for Greek letters

Vasileios Koutavas vkoutav at ccs.neu.edu
Thu May 27 20:53:28 EDT 2004

I just came across a couple of other ways to write bold math and greek
symbols:

\boldsymbol{\lambda}
\pmb{\lambda}                     (poor man's bold :-)

They are in the amstex package and they work in math mode.

\pbm typesets several copies of the symbol with slight offsets, as
Matthias said before.
I believe this one gives the best results for bold \langle and \rangle.

--Vasileios