[PRL] Printing A4 to letter paper?

Philippe Meunier meunier at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Jan 13 12:59:30 EST 2004

"Richard C. Cobbe" <cobbe at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
>I've got a PostScript document that requires A4 paper, and I'd like to
>print it here on letter paper.  What techniques do people use for
>performing the conversion?

Use psresize, available on the Solaris machines.  If the document is
really screwed up I manually move the text on the page using the xoff
and yoff options of pstops.  Both programs are part of the PSUtils
package if you don't have them on your computer already.

>While we're on the topic, how do you do the same conversion for PDF?  I
>don't have any A4 PDF documents to test this on, but it's not clear
>whether the fit-to-page options in Acrobat Reader's print dialog will do
>the right thing here.

Test it on a single page :-)
Otherwise print to a file which will get you the postscript and then
resize the postscript file.

Philippe